cerascreen

Can you overdose vitamin D?

Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. This makes sense because the body needs this vitamin permanently and our fat store serves as a buffer. In addition to a variety of positive effects, vitamin D  has no known adverse effects unless grossly overdosed. 


Extreme overdose, i.e. blood concentrations of more than 150 ng / ml vitamin D, may cause dizziness, vomiting, muscle weakness, diarrhea and eventually long-term gastric ulcers. At the commonly recommended dosage of 2 capsules per day, i.e. 2,000 IU (international units), a Vitamin D supplement stabilises your vitamin D level, e.g. as a preventive in the winter months, but will not increase it. 


It is advisable to monitor your vitamin D value and in general to have it tested about twice a year and readjust your dosage, since your blood concentration generally decreases over the course of the year even when taking a maintenance dose. 



Чи була ця відповідь корисною? Так Ні

Didn't find the answer to your question? Contact our customer support

Contact us